Show Menu

Is it Too Soon for a Facelift?

August 30th, 2011

When is the right time for a facelift?

In an article for Vogue Magazine,  Contributing Editor, Dodie Kazanjian writes an article titled “About Face” where she discusses the personal decision whether she is ready for a facelift.   Conventional thinking is to consider having a facelift when changes in your face begin to bother you.   The author quotes Dr. Patricia Wexler, the New York dermatologist to the stars as saying, “If you do a facelift in your 40’s, you are thrilled.   If you do it in your 50’s, you wonder why you waited.   But if you have a facelift in your 60’s, you say, ‘Why did I bother?’

There is actually some science behind those comments.   Patients that opt to have a facelift to address facial aging in their 40’s are generally very pleased with the subtle change, often described as looking refreshed.   Facial anatomy responds well to the surgery and healing requires minimal downtime at this age.   Many of my patients seem to fall into this category lately.

Some of my patients choose to go the filler and Botox route to buy some extra time before considering a facelift.   Most of these patients quickly tire of the repeat injections and consider a more permanent fix after a couple cycles, but some patients are quite satisfied with the routine.

Bottom line: It’s really never too late to consider a little Nipntuck.

Add your comment »

Anti-aging Factors

August 29th, 2011

Anti-Aging Tips

In an interesting study  entitled  “Successful Aging,” sponsored by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, researchers found that our genes only determine 30 percent of aging.  However,  the majority of factors or the remaining 70 percent is lifestyle driven.

Here are a few suggestions to take advantage of that 70%.

Don’t smoke.

Protect yourself from sun exposure.

Maintain a healthy weight.

Maintain a healthy diet.

Don’t drink to excess.

Consider using Retinol type products to correct fine lines and sun damage.

If all else fails, come see me!

Add your comment »

Content

Would you like to schedule a consultation with our expert staff? Please complete the form below:

*Full Name

*Email

*Phone Number

Comments

I have read and understand the privacy statement.